Explore Scottish Highlands
EXPLORE THE SCOTTISH HIGHLANDS
The Cairngorms, Loch Ness and The Kyle of Lochalsh
Departing 27th April & 30th July 2018
£369 per person sharing (April)
£389 per person sharing (July)
Travel the Highlands and Cairngorms on this delightful tour set amongst the country’s most beautiful mountain scenery. Enjoy a breath taking railway journey as the tracks rise and fall over hills and valleys. Experience the Loch Ness with its dramatic mountain reflections and the stunning vistas from the top of Cairngorm Mountain.
- Luxury coach travel from Coleraine, Ballymoney, Cloughmills, Ballymena, Dunsilly, Belfast and Belfast Stena Line Port
- Return ferry crossings with Stena Line – Belfast/Cairnryan
- 3 Nights’ accommodation at 3* Balavil Hotel, Newtonmore
- Scottish Breakfast and evening meals
- Entertainment at the hotel
- Contemplation Cruise – The Queen’s Cruise on Loch Ness
- Visit of Inverness
- Rail journey on the Kyle Line – Inverness to Kyle of Lochalsh
- Journey on the Cairngorm Funicular Mountain Railway
- Services of an experienced Travel Solutions tour manager
- Single Supplement – £60 per person
3* Balavil Hotel, Newtonmore
The Balavil Hotel is a local family run business situated on the main street in Newtonmore. We have 51 en-suite bedrooms that have recently been refurbished for 2012/13 season. There are 3 floors that can be accessed by a lift or stairs. All rooms have flat screen T.V’s with tea and coffee facilities.
< Back to description
Meet your coach and travel to Belfast to join the early morning ferry crossing to Cairnryan and travel to our hotel in Newtonmore set in the Cairgorms National Park.
This morning we experience a breath taking cruise on the Caledonian Canal and around famous Loch Ness. We enjoy the stunning scenery of the Great Glen, panoramic views of Aldourie Castle and dramatic 14th century Urquhart Castle and of course be the first to spot “Nessie”. We then visit Inverness known as the “Highland Capital” for some free time to enjoy the city centre.
After breakfast, we board the train for a journey on the Kyle Line from Inverness to Kyle of Lochalsh. This incredibly scenic route takes us across from the east to west coast of Scotland, taking in the spectacular Highlands scenery.
Today we travel to Cairngorm Mountain for a trip on Scotland’s only funicular and the UK’s highest railway. We reach the Top Station and enjoy the amazing panoramic views from over 3,500ft from the viewing terrace. Then to Cairnryan for the return ferry to Belfast. On arrival, you return to your original starting point.
< Back to description
Departures between 27 Apr 2018 and 30 Jul 2018
Adult prices from £369